July 8th, 2023
Ready to CRUSH?
The toughest 69.9 miles on the planet. This uniquely-formatted race begins in historic downtown Beaver, the birthplace of famed outlaw Butch Cassidy and finishes at Utah’s newest ski and summer resort, Eagle Point. Featuring a 60/40 split of gravel to tarmac gravel sectors, it affords riders the opportunity to explore the stunning backcountry of Utah’s little-known Tushar Mountains and Fishlake National Forest.
2023 Event Pricing coming soon
Friday July 7th
Packet Pick Up 1 pm – 7 pm | Beaver City Park 40 S Main St
Expo 1 pm – 7 pm | Beaver City Park 40 S Main St
Saturday July 8th
Start Line | Corner of 200 East and 100 North St
5:30-6:30 AM: Race Day Packet Pick Up
6:45 AM: Staging and Pre-Race Instructions
- 6:50 AM: Women’s Staging
- 6:55 AM: Women start (all categories, mass-start, scored separately)
- 6:56 AM: Pro Men Staging
- 7:00 AM: Pro/Open Men Start
- 7:02 AM: 40-49 Men Start
- 7:03 AM: Men 60+ Start
- 7:04 AM: Single Speed/Tandem Start
- 7:05 AM: Men 50-59
- 7:06 AM: Men 29 & Under Start
- 7:07 AM: Men 30-39
Finish Line | Eagle Point Ski Resort
~1:00 PM: Pro Awards
3:00 PM: Age Group Awards
On the morning of July 8th, 2023, riders from around the world will descend on the quiet community of Beaver, Utah for the 12th-annual running of the ‘Crusher in the Tushar’. Come see what all the fuss is about as the 12th edition beckons…ok, taunts those who dare toe the line.
This uniquely-formatted race begins in historic downtown Beaver, Utah the birthplace of famed outlaw Butch Cassidy, and finishes at Utah’s newest ski and summer resort, Eagle Point. Featuring a 40/60 split between tarmac and dirt & gravel sectors, the 69.9 mile course accumulates over 10,000 feet of elevation gain and affords riders the opportunity to explore the stunning backcountry of Utah’s little-known Tushar Mountains and Fishlake National Forest.
Note: Riders who have not made it to the 2nd Aid Station (event mile 27) by 10 AM SHARP will NOT be allowed to continue on the course and will have the option of either continuing directly to the finish area at Eagle Point Resort or turning around and descending back into Beaver to the start area.
- 5 aid stations are divided approximately every 10-15 miles over the Crusher route. We have gone to great lengths to ensure that all participants will have more than enough support when it comes to Aid Stations. This is to ensure that riders DO NOT enlist outside help (follow vehicles, etc.) which is against our event rules as it would create extra vehicle traffic on the race route, in-turn impacting rider safety, creating unnecessary dust and degrading the overall event experience. If we get wind of a rider who disregards this, that rider will be barred from future events.
- Aid Stations are stocked with plenty of fresh water and First Endurance EFS electrolyte drink, EFS Liquid Shot gels, assorted fruit (bananas, oranges, watermelon) plus a plethora of other snacks and goodies.
- Due to COVID-19 safety protocols there will no longer be hand-ups or water bottles provided at the aid stations. In other words, it’s self-serve, so don’t ditch those water bottles, otherwise you’re goin’ thirsty!
- Please remember to say “Thanks” to our awesome volunteers. A little appreciation goes a long way and without them this event could not happen!
- PLEASE use the garbage cans at the aid stations to dispose of any trash. Anyone caught littering during the event will be taken off the results and barred from ever entering the event again. If you see someone who willfully litters, please let us know who that person is… inquiring minds want to know.
- There will be porta-potties at the start and finish areas and it is IMPERATIVE that we keep ourselves in this community’s good graces by not having any complaints of public urination.
- Out on course there will either be a porta-potty or a U.S. Forest Service outhouse located at or very near all aid stations and throughout the route. Please try to use only these areas for “nature breaks” and if you’re not near one of these, for heaven’s sake please be discreet!
Awards will be 3 deep in each category:
Single Speed Open
*Cash payout in Pro/Open Men’s and Pro/Open Women’s categories as follows;
- 1st- $1,000
- 2nd- $500
- 3rd- $250
Pro/Open awards will be held at the FINISH LINE immediately following Top 3 finishers
Age Group awards will be held at the FINISH LINE at 3 pm